Health & Wellness
Dressage is all about the partnership that we share with our horses. At Solstice Farms the health and happiness of our horses is of the utmost importance, and we understand that it really does take a village to help them perform at their absolute best! Whether you’re riding Grand Prix, training level, or just a casual hack in the field, we feel that your horse deserves the most comprehensive care available. We are lucky to have a variety of veterinarians, technicians, therapists, and other professionals that make frequent visits to Solstice Farms to help us keep our horses going strong and happy.
- Dr. Danny Dutton, DVM with ESMS is an emergency vet, and also specializes in lameness, pre-purchase examines, and over all wellness. For more information, please see the following link: http://equinesms.homestead.com/Houston.html
- Dr. Mike Davis, DVM offers routine health care and equine dentistry. He has been a main-stay at Solstice Farms for over 20 years! For more information, please see the following link: http://www.docmdavis.com/drdavis.html
- Dr. Bill Stone, DVM with Katy Equine Clinic has a background in surgery and lameness, and does pre-purchase exams and over all wellness exams. For more information, please see the following link: http://www.katyequineclinic.com/team/
- Dr. Robin Robinette, DVM of the Veterinary Chiropractic and Rehabilitation Clinic, offers chiropractic care, acupuncture, and Aquapacer Equine Treadmill therapies just to name a few! Please visit her website for more information: http://www.vetchiroandrehab.com/
- Joel Ondrusek. Joel is a Certified Farrier with years of experience and we are pleased to have him shoeing several horses at Solstice.
- Billy Reed, CJF. Billy is a Certified Journeyman Farrier with the American Farrier's Association, and has been a two-time member of the American Farriers Team which competes both nationally and internationally. Billy has shod horses at Solstice for many years and continues with several horses.
- Equine massage therapist Meghan Brady offers "integrated equine massage and bodywork that promotes equine recovery, range of motion, and athleticism." Currently she is traveling throughout the US, but she makes frequent visits to Solstice, where she is available for several days at a time. Please visit her website for more information: http://bitsonbalance.com
- Dr. Meghan Qualls grew up in Loraine County, Ohio showing horses, and raising and showing cattle. She attended The Ohio State University where she attained her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree. She then moved to Weatherford, Texas for an internship at Equine Sports Medicine and Surgery. After her internship, she started an equine ambulatory service in Nashville, TN. During this time, she became certified in chiropractics at Options for Animals College of Animal Chiropractics in Wellsville, KS, and in acupuncture at the Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine in Reddick, FL. In 2013, she moved back to Texas for a job at Equine Sports Medicine and Surgery to do general practice, acupuncture, and chiropractics. In 2014, she decided to focus on chiropractics and acupuncture and opened her own solo practice. Meghan enjoys horseback riding, running, Crossfit, and biking. She is often found trail riding on her horse Valentino, walking her dog, Charlie, playing with her son, Tyson, and doing life with her husband, Heath Qualls, DVM, MS, DACVIM-LA.